Image Map

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Arrrrr!  Happy International Talk Like a Pirate Day!  1A enjoyed some pirate fun today.  We read the following books:

We also enjoyed some pirate jokes and danced to a couple pirate songs:

Medeski, Martin & Wood- Pirates Don't Take Baths:

Pirate Band- Talk Like a Pirate

I hope you enjoyed Talk Like a Pirate Day! 

Here's something fun I just came across (after school).  What is YOUR pirate name (click on the image to make it bigger)?  

8 comments:

  1. Ms. Muntean,
    Thank you so much for blogging and sharing. I love getting these little peeks in the classroom! Best, Ashley (Sam's mom)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment, Ashley! I'm really having fun with our blog and I'm glad the students and families are enjoying it too. See you this evening for Back to School Night!

      Delete
  2. Ms.Muntean,
    My pirate name is Old Rat Sparrow. I had fun finding my family's pirate names. Thanks for sharing. Have a good weekend.
    Love
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great name, Hannah! I'm glad you enjoyed this (and your family too). I hope you have a good weekend also. Good luck at your soccer game!

      Delete
  3. My pirate name is Miss Creeper Jackson. My sister's name is Old Eddie Jackson. My dad's name is Buccaneer Rat Jackson. My mom's name is Sharkbait Squiffy Ned Head. I had SO much fun figuring out the pirate names for my family! They are so funny.
    I was so sad to miss school today but I am having lots of fun with my family. I hope I see you tomorrow.
    Love RO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you seem to be feeling better! We missed you today (we saved you a brownie though!). Those are GREAT names! I hope to see you tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. Ms Muntean, my pirate name is Sharkbait Squiffy Swashbuckler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's super funny, Sam.... or I mean Sharkbait! :)

      Delete