The farmers told us we had picked just over 500lbs of apples in a little over an hour! We brought two large bags of apples back so we could take them to CARES (Thank you, Lukas' mom for taking these for us!). The rest of the apples we picked would be given to area food pantries and soup kitchens. Knowing that we were filling other peoples' buckets helped to fill our own!
Here's a photobook from our trip. I had a few photos of friends from 1B too so I've included them as well. I apologize in advance as I know there isn't an equal number of photos per child. Dylan's Mom, helped to take a few pictures too (thank you!) and I might have more coming from another parent next week.
I hope you and your family are enjoying this beautiful fall weekend!
First graders, what was your favorite part of our field trip on Friday?
Leave a comment to share with everyone. 1B friends, we welcome your comments too, but please see the guidelines here.
My favorite part of the trip was picking the apples!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Francis! I'm glad you enjoyed that part.
DeleteMy favorite part was EATING the apples! From Sam
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting, Sam! I thought the apples were delicious.
DeleteI liked eating the apples. The apples were sweet but I still liked them and I liked climbing the ladder. Love Eva
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Eva! They were sweet!! They aren't always as tasty as they were this year. I really enjoyed mine too.
Delete