Image Map

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

What Have You Been Reading?

Hi there!  Remember me??  I hope you and your family are soaking up all that summer has to offer.  It seems to be going by quick for me despite keeping our activities rather unstructured.  It won't be long and I'll have to start packing!  I wanted to share a series that someone in my house has recently found and has really been enjoying!

Do you like adventures with animals?  Would you love to travel the world?  If so, the Magic Bone Series by Nancy Krulik might be for you.



Join Sparky, a loveable sheepdog puppy,  as he discovers a magic bone that transports him to amazing adventures across the globe.  Although this is a series, it's one of those that doesn't have to be read in order.  As a teacher, I really love how Nancy Krulik teachers her readers about fascinating places like London, Hawaii, Rome, Switzerland, and Japan all while giving readers a fast paced adventure story. For those craving more information, there's even informative facts about some of the sights mentioned in the book at the end.   

Here's a few of the other books we've been enjoying at my house:


2014 Newbery Medal Winning book filled with amazing vocabulary a superhero squirrel, and so much more!  Great one to read as a family.


Did you know the new Stick Dog just came out? YAY!!

Looking for some more great books?  Mr. Scott has challenged himself to reading a book a day this summer- quite impressive, right?  He seems to be keeping up with it very well and is blogging about it too.  Find him here: Mr. Scott's Blog

What have you been reading lately?  Do you have any book suggestions for your classmates?  Post a comment to share with all of us.  I'd love to hear about your summer too!  


No comments:

Post a Comment