It seems like just yesterday our room had 20 balloons hanging from the ceiling and then we were down to #1! #1 revealed another one of our favorites..... a dance party!
Our last day was SO bittersweet. We started it, just like we start nearly every morning...... with a song.
Next, our families joined us for Meeting for Worship where we listened to the story, What do You do With an Idea?
We also enjoyed a reception with our families, friends, and teachers!
After lunch and music, we enjoyed some Afghani ice cream (vanilla ice cream with cardamom and rose water) made by Mrs. Etemadi-Cusic. Most of us really enjoyed this special treat. Then we headed back to our classroom where we listened to the story, Last Day Blues. In the story, the students want to make a special gift for their teacher and come up with the idea of a special letter. Reading this story to 1A made me a little sad, but just after the story, I was quickly cheered up!
Many of our 1A students hid themselves in the cubby area and created a very special note for me just like the kids in the story did!
We ended our day with some dancing, some tears, and LOTS of hugs!
Parents, thank you so much for sharing your children with me. They are such great kids, with huge hearts, and amazing personalities. They will always be in my thoughts and I hope you keep in touch as I'd love to hear about how they are doing. You and your family are always welcome to stay with us in Colorado should your travels ever take you that way.
1A friends, thank you for making this last year such a memorable one. We grew, we learned, and we had a lot of fun! I hope you always look back on your first grade year with fondness and I hope you keep in touch too (if you click on the envelope to the right, your message will get delivered right to my email). Good luck to all of you! I'll miss you!
Have a wonderful summer!
No comments:
Post a Comment