Image Map

Sunday, June 8, 2014

A Couple of Final Mysteries

Last Wednesday, we enjoyed TWO pop-up Mysteries.  See if you can guess who our first special guest was:

  • I was a "new" teacher this year.
  • I coach soccer.
  • Once upon a time, I used to have a pierced eyebrow.
  • I write a blog about the Baltimore Ravens that has been featured in the Baltimore Sun as well as some other sports' websites.
  • My significant other teaches at Friends School, I have two kids that go to FS, and two cats that stay home.
Can you figure out THIS mystery?  It was a little tricky for the friends in 1A too, but we were super excited to see Mr. Hanes waiting for us outside.





Mr. Hanes shared one of his favorite books titled, You Are Special by Max Lucado.


This is such a great book and we all enjoyed the message!
Thank you, Mr. Hanes!


Later that same day, we had another mystery to solve.  This one was much easier.........

  • I have worked at Friends School for 9 years.
  • I work in the Upper School building.
  • I live near the school.
  • I have a child in 1st grade.
  • Some mornings you will see me in the carpool line.
Have you figured this one out?  Our room was a little bit of a mess, by the afternoon on Wednesday, so we ventured over to Mr. Micciche's office.  Instead of reading to us, Mr. Micciche listened to a few first graders who had stories of their own to tell.  









 Mr. Micciche also shared a bit of Make Way for Ducklings that his son, Peter, recited when he was three.  We stopped by the library to find this book and read it the next day in our classroom.



Thanks for sharing your time with us, Mr. Micciche, and for listening to our stories!

Thank you to everyone who was a Mystery Reader in our classroom this year.  It was such a fun activity!




No comments:

Post a Comment