Image Map

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Our Last Mystery Reader of 2013

On our final day before break we enjoyed a visit from another Mystery Reader.  Here were our clues:

  • I am a boy's mother
  • I have two cats
  • I have lived in CA, WA, MD and one other country
  • I speak two languages
  • I am from Japan
Recognize who this person is?............ Max figured this one out fairly quickly and guessed it was his mom, Mrs. S!


This visit was a little different because Max did most of the reading for us.  However, he didn't read in English, he read in Japanese!  Mrs. S provided the English translation so we could understand the story. It was so neat to hear Max reading in a different language and to see how Japanese is written in the book.  





Mrs. S. and Max showed us a VERY fun game using origami sumo wrestlers.   


Everyone who wanted got to try it with a friend.





Finally Mrs. S. gave everyone a little goodie bag.  She told us that one of the bags had a special gold coin and whoever got the coin would receive a special prize........


Quentin found it!

Instead of keeping the prize for himself, he was very thoughtful and generous and shared it with all of his classmates and teachers!  

Thank you, Mrs. S and Max for a great Mystery Reader visit!

First graders, what did you enjoy most from this Mystery Reader visit?  Post a comment to share with all of us.  

No comments:

Post a Comment