We didn't quite finish this project, but hope to tomorrow.
The main event for our day was going to the middle school for Madi-Gras. Seventh and eighth graders along with their math teachers prepared a celebration of Greg Tang, our visiting author. Our first stop was the Greg Tang Living Museum where "Greg Tang" told us about some of his math tools and games.
| Note..... this isn't the REAL Greg Tang. We'll see him tomorrow! |
| practicing a helpful addition strategy. |
Next we assisted with creating a few math murals. Mrs. Derengowski and Mrs. Barney explained these activities to us and helped us get started.
Then we enjoyed doing some of the activities including some math poems from Greg Tang's books with a group of 7th graders.
Finally, we played some of Greg Tang's math games with a group of eighth graders.
All of the games and activities can be found in Greg Tang's Books (also available online) and/or on his website under the various links.
THANK YOU, Middle School Students and Teachers for creating such a FUN math afternoon! You definitely got us excited for our time with Greg Tang tomorrow!
First graders, what was your favorite part of Mathdi- Gras this afternoon? Was there a game you enjoyed, an activity, or something you helped create? Post a comment to share with all of us.
Parents, if you'd like to purchase any of Greg Tang's books, Mr. Scott has a few extras. Get in touch with him or Ms. Thomsen ASAP (especially if you'd like to have them signed). Hopefully a few of you were able to hear Greg Tang speak this evening. It was a treat to hear him this morning when I saw him.
I liked everything! It was all really fun! I can't even show how much I liked it. ~I can't type how much I LOVED it! I wish we could do it again. The gregtangmath.com website is awesome too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment, Ro! I really enjoyed it too and am having fun with the Greg Tang website. I hope you have a great weekend. Hope you have fun at swimming.
Delete