Image Map

Friday, November 6, 2015

Hey Third Graders!

HELLO!!!  Remember me, your first grade teacher?  :)  I was thinking about you today and took a walk down memory lane by browsing our blog.  I hope you are all doing well and learning so much in third grade.

My family and I are great.  We had a fabulous first summer in Colorado!  We had hoped to enjoy a few weekends camping, but we learned that with all of the avid campers in CO, we have to make our reservations WAY in advance (like 6 months out).  Hopefully we can secure a few spots this winter for next summer.  Summer went by quick but we sure had fun!

Mason and I enjoyed many summer days at our community pool.    

We also attended our first concert at Red Rocks.

Of course we hit the trails for a few hikes!

Mason LOVED his first sleep away camp where he rock climbed, went white water rafting, paddle boarding, mtn. biking, kayaking, and had a blast with new friends.
Mason also took his first solo plane trip back to MD to visit his grandparents on the Eastern Shore.  They don't like to spend much time in the "big city" of Baltimore, so he wasn't able to connect with any of his MD friends, but maybe next year.

Before we knew it, it was time for school to start again....
Last years' school just wasn't a great fit for Mason so we moved him to a different (brand new) school.  He doesn't have to wear this uniform every day, but he really likes it!  Most days he wears a polo shirt and khaki pants and this formal uniform is just for special days.  This school is proving to be a much better place for Mason and he is enjoying school again! YAY!

As if one dog wasn't enough, we decided in September to add another to our family.  Meet our newest family member, Olive!

We rescued her from a local rescue association.  They believe she is about 4yrs old and a bearded collie, terrier mix.  She is about 40lbs and just a funny, funny dog!  She's loving her new home and her new fur sibling, Disco!  The two of them play almost non-stop.  I caught them at a rare moment when they were both taking a little snooze!...Best of friends!


Our second Halloween was a ton of fun! 


And just this week, we had our first snow!

As you can see, it wasn't very much, but it was pretty to watch it come down.  This is kind of late for us to be getting our first snow, but in the years past, when the first snowfall has been late, it's turned out to be a GOOD snowy winter.  We shall see! 

I decided against returning to the classroom again this year.  I've continued to help my neighbor (and friend) by watching her two little ones while she's at work on Mon.-Thurs.  It works out great with Mason's schedule and the boys, Charlie and Oscar, are a lot of fun!

Oscar- 18mo.

 Charlie 3yr.

I definitely miss teaching a class of 1st graders and might consider returning to the classroom next year, but for now this is perfect!

So, that's what we've been up to here in Colorado!  What have YOU been up to in Maryland?
I'd love to hear from you and I know Mason would too.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miss Muntean I miss you so much! I am sorry I did not email you. school has been great and my teacher is Mrs. Sandler she is super nice. In school we are learning about chocolate and had a huge taste test! And we are learning how to type the correct way with your fingers on the home keys. We just had a huge snowstorm this weekend and got three days off of school! I have been busy with sports a lot this year and am glad for a break this weekend. I really miss you being my teacher because you were so nice and fun! You were the best teacher ever and I wish I could see you again! I am glad you like your house very much. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah! SOOO good to hear from you as always. I miss you and your classmates bunches. I'll send you an email this weekend when I have more time.

      Delete