- I have one son and one daughter.
- My birthday is in February.
- My favorite food is hamburgers.
- I really like watching and playing soccer.
- I am from New Zealand.
That last clue sealed it FOR SURE and Lily and her classmates knew without a doubt that our Mystery Reader was her Dad, Mr. A!
Mr. A shared a book from his childhood, that he's also shared with Lily and her brother, titled Miss Twiggley's Tree by Dorothea Warren Fox. This book might be one that I share in Meeting for Worship coming up soon as it's filled with excellent messages that connect beautifully to Quakerism.
After reading the story, Mr. A taught us a little about his country, New Zealand. We learned some of the important facts and how to count to ten in Maori, one of the official languages of New Zealand.
We also learned about their national symbol- The Kiwi Bird!
We even got to make a Kiwi Bird of our very own. I'm convinced Mr. A would make an excellent teacher as organized as he was with our supplies!
Our finished birds:
It was another wonderful Mystery Reader Visit! Thank you, Mr. A!
First graders, did you name your Kiwi? Post a comment to share with all of us to tell us your Kiwi's name or your favorite part of this Mystery Reader visit.
No comments:
Post a Comment