- I love children's books.
- I travel around the world for work.
- I have blonde hair and blue eyes.
- I lived in a country in Europe that produces over 300 cheeses.
- I was born in the state most famous for potatoes.
Can you solve this Mystery?
Sophia recognized this person......... it was her Mom, Mrs. A.K!
Mrs. A.K. read the story Millicent the Monster by Mary Lystad. She also read the poem If I Were in Charge of the World by Judith Viorst.
After reading the story and poem, she asked us what WE would do if we were in charge of the world. Here's what we said:
If I were in charge of the world.............
- candy would be healthy- Annabel
- X-Boxes would be free- Quentin
- kids (not parents) would be in charge - Sam
- it would be summer all year so I could go to the pool outside and swim- Roisin
- we'd have more choices at meal times- Sophia
- everyone would be nice and no one would feel left out- Max
- candy would be served at every meal and it wouldn't rot your teeth- Lukas
- everyone would have lots of jewelry and fun- Lily
- school would start a little later in the morning- Laya
- kids would get sacks of toys everyday- Francis
- it would be Christmas everyday- Eva
- I'd have a gift card to Game Stop without a limit- Dylan
This conversation reminded me of one of my favorite books growing up: If I Lived Alone by Michaela Muntean (Pretty cool that we have the same name, huh?- Lots of people have asked if we are the same person!). It was one of the first books I learned to read by myself and I was just tickled that we had the same name only spelled differently!
First grade family members, how would you finish this sentence? If I were in charge of the world.......... Post a comment to share with all of us. Please remember to only use your first name or refer to yourself as _______(your child's name) Mom/Dad/Grandparent.
No comments:
Post a Comment