Image Map

Saturday, August 17, 2013

1A Has Our Very Own Blog!

One of my goals for the summer was to set up a blog for our class for this year.  With a couple weeks to spare, I am so excited to share our blog with you!

It's my hope that this will be a space for our first graders and their families to access, display, and share learning/information with an authentic audience.

We can use our blog to:
  • create an online community for teachers, students, and parents
  • share resources and information
  • highlight student work and learning
  • integrate multimedia (videos and photos)
  • provide opportunities for students to read (posts and comments) and write (posts and comments)
  • share extra learning experiences
As a parent myself, I feel strongly about keeping our students safe online.  For that reason we will only use FIRST names on our blog.  I would also ask that parents or other adults when commenting, only use their FIRST name or describe themselves like "Will's Mom" for example so as not to identify your child by last name.  All comments will be moderated by Miss Muntean.  We will be working on writing in complete sentences in first grade so parent/adult comments can be a good model for us.  Please refrain from using abbreviations like lol.  

Please take a minute to subscribe to our class blog using the widget and/or add it to your favorite RSS feed reader.  I hope you check back often to see what's going on in room 230!  

1A Students......... I hope you each received your letter in the mail.  Did you tuck your envelope in a special spot?  Check back later in the week for some sneak peek pictures of our classroom.  I can't wait to see you on September 3rd!


No comments:

Post a Comment